Thursday, November 5, 2009

Silva Bond.


http://www.silvabond.com.au/

I am an Australian artist and work in Byron Bay on the north coast of New South Wales. I live beside the ocean with my partner and my three cats. I love to walk on the beach, absorbed in the endlessly changing play of light between sky and sea. All of my glass is created in my studio (Seed Studio & Gallery) in the Art & Industry Estate, Byron Bay.

I utilise the unique qualities of dichroic glass to create individual pieces of jewellery, each a little world of light of its own. The pieces appear to glow with their own light from within, the colours shifting and changing as they are viewed from different angles. I choose to work with glass as it comes closest to expressing my endless fascination with the way light reveals, transmits and reflects the colours and beauty of our wonderful universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment