Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Another of our all time local favorites.




The Waterlife Story By creator Victoria Clayton.

When my first child was born, I decided I couldn't bear to use soap on her tender body - which was fine until she started playing in the mud and climbing trees. I also tried to use as little soap as possible, as I found it so drying to my skin. Then, about 10 years ago I started buying a beautiful hand made soap, produced by a Soap Artisan on the Sunshine Coast. I became addicted, buying a log or two when I could (I loved having a choice of scents). I was seduced by the mysterious process of soap-making and why hand made soap was so different to the commercial products that smelt so "psuedo" and were so drying.

A few years ago I moved to Tasmania, and was unable to buy my favourite soap for awhile. I decided to study and research soapmaking. When I moved back north to Northern NSW, I was working in my long time profession as a Interior Designer, but when he opportunity arose for me to spend more time on my Soapmaking skills I grabbed it, and haven't looked back. Every day I get excited about how the latest batch has turned out, and how new essential oil blends are performing and our recipes are evolving.

The luxury of Hand made soap is an ongoing passion for me...I hope you enjoy it too.

You can see more from waterlife soap on their FaceBook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Waterlife/156956500985223

No comments:

Post a Comment